Yunus Social Business Centre, BIMTECH is organizing an International Workshop on 28th and 29th June 2023 on the occasion of Social Business Day (SBD) at Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida. The workshop will share the collective wisdom of eminent persons from different eminent persons coming from Corporates, YSBC, Social Entrepreneurs, Social Incubates, Researchers and Academicians across the globe.
The Theme for the event is Sustainable Development Goals: Accelerating Actions Leaving No One Behind.
The idea is to involve all stakeholders in the discussion on how each one of us can contribute towards people, planet, peace and prosperity. The event is expected to act as a catalyst in building sustainability awareness and a social business network. The entrepreneurial spirit will be celebrated on this occasion that aims to contribute to various SDG goals through social Business / Entrepreneurship.
EVENT OVERVIEW AND PANELISTS
INAUGURAL SESSION DAY 1 ( 10-11:30 AM)
Brief introduction about the theme of the event that will build on the theme elaborating SDG Policies, Programs, Actions and Achievements.
1.Dr. Pawan Kumar Singh, Director, Indian Institute of Management, Tiruchirappali
2. Ms.Ute Rieckmann, Project Director, (SuATI), Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH - Guest of Honor
3. Dr. Rajendra Shende, Founder director, Green TERRE Foundation - Guest of honor
4. Dr. Parag Agarwal, Founder and CEO JanaJal WOW "Pioneering Sustainability in Last Mile Delivery of Safe Water" - Chief Guest
5. Dr. Sangeeta Shah Bhardwaj, Director, MDI
PANEL 1 - RESEARCH INSTITUTES (11:45-1:15)
The core observations about how the SDG goals are being followed and implemented in research institutes, areas of focus -
1. Are the actions resulting in achievement of SDG?
2. If yes, what is the impact at community, country and regional levels?
1. Mr. Ajit Kumar, Founder Director, Khushigram Foundation
2. Dr. Gaurav Mishra, Director, Sardar Patel Renewable Energy Research Institute, Anand, Gujarat.
3. Dr. Mukul Dubey, Associate Fellow and Area Convener, Nano Biotechnology Centre, TERI (The Energy Research Institute)
4. Mr. Prabhat Labh, CEO, Grameen Foundation, India
STORIES AND JOURNEYS OF SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURS (2:15-3:45)
An elaborate conversation about how the social incubates and social entrepreneurs have grown in the past few years and how have they integrated SDG Goals into their entrepreneurial initiatives.
1. Ms. Yusra Khan, Founder, Yellow Streets
2. Mr Akash S, Founder, Energinee (Ashoka Changemaker)
3. Mr. Siddhant Khurana, Co-Founder at Mind Piper (Mental Health)
4. Ms. Juhi Sharma, Founder, Light Up
5. Ms. Shriti Pandey, Founder, Strawcture Eco
6. Ms. Shweta Verma, Founder, Ginny's Planet
PANEL 2 - PRACTITIONERS (4-5:30)
Discussion on the present business practices and how SDG is connected with day to day operations, what are their sustainability action plans and achievement against the plan. They will further elaborate industry compulsions and their future plan.
1. Mr. Gautam kumar, Founder, Puraskaar Foundation
2. Ms. Thilakam Rajendran, Founder, ATPAR
3. Dr. Renita Dubey. Executive Director, OORJAGRAM
4. Dr. Deepak Chamola, Advisor, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (giz) GmbH
PANEL 3 - ACADEMICIANS (DAY 2, 10-11:30)
Elaboration on SDG goals and how it is received by the students; what should be the pedagogy for better student engagement and how they can be implemented in classroom/online setting. The deliberations will lead to finding the optimal learning pedagogies and tools.
1. Dr. Satyajit Majumdar, Tata Institute of Social Sciences
2. Dr. Chandrika Parmar, S.P. Jain Institute
3. Dr. Sapna Rakesh, Director, GL Bajaj Institute of Management and research
4. Dr. Kasturi Das, IMT
PANEL 4 - CORPORATES (11:45-1:15)
The session will give a brief idea about what the corporates have done and what else can be done with respect to following and implementing SDG Goals. The speakers will also talk about the relevance and benefits of taking up and implementing SDG Goals in corporates and the way ahead.
1. Mr. Pratap Bhanu Singh, Consultant - CSR, Ananda Foundation
2. Mr. Abhishek Kumar, Lead CSR, LG
3. Mr. Vivek Prakash, Vice President & Head CSR, Jubilant Ingrevia Ltd
4. Mr. Brajesh Gupta, General Manager CSR, Delhi International Airport Ltd
5. Mr. Sanjay Kumar Shah, Corporate CSR, Dabur India Ltd
SDG/SOCIAL INITIATIVES ACROSS ALL COLLEGES
VALEDICTORY SESSION (4-5PM)
The session will summarize the learning from two-day International workshop and discuss the way forward. The speakers will also discuss their viewpoints about the topics discussed in the panels and will mark the closing of the two day event.
1. Dr. Umakant Dash, Director, IRMA - Chief Guest
2. Mr. V.K. Madhavan, CEO, WaterAid India - Guest of Honor
3. Mr. Manish Kumar, Head, Strategy and Initiative, Rural Banking, HDFC
4. Ms. Sarah Munyi, President, Youth in Africa
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN*
*registrations are free for students, and participation certificates will be provided.